Trend folder gone missing in RSLogix 5?!?

Paul351W

I have been primarily working on Controllogix projects as of late, but today I opened up one of our PLC5 programs and when I went to set up a trend, I noticed the folder in the tree structure was missing, and when I opened other programs that I had saved trends in, it was not there either.

The software is v7.30 Pro and I do not remember changing anything with it in recent memory. Anyone have any ideas why the trend folder would have disappeared, or more importantly, how to get it back?

Could it be a license thing? I am not sure if there was a version "lighter" than Standard that perhaps didn't allow trends...just a wag based on RSLogix 500 experiences with various flavors.

RSTrendX is a separate Active-X control from RSLogix. It might have been inadvertently uninstalled. It's called RSTXViewCmn.ocx. Check to see if it's still in your program files.

It's not something that needs to be purchased, it is included when RSL5 or 5000 are purchased. At one time it was not included with 500, but could be used within 500 if you had a license and install for 5. I'm not sure if that's still the case. There's multiple versions of it, each is for a different product- RSView32, the various Logix, FTView, etc. I think you can download the version for 5 with a valid serial number.

OK, I went to the Rockwell PCDC, logged in with my techconnect credentials, entered the serial number for my RSL5 license, checked the "free tools, etc" box and downloaded it. Try that.

I just did a search in my Program files folder, and found two files, one named "RSTXViewCmn.ocx" and a second called RSTXView.ocx

When I get some free time I will try un-installing and re-installing the software and see if that does anything.

You may only need to re-register the OCX files. For example, from a Windows command prompt:

> regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Rockwell Software\RSCommon\RSTXview.ocx"

and similarly for the Cmn OCX.

I also found versions in patch extraction folders, so maybe a patching process was interrupted.

Thought I would update this thread, I ran the regsvr32 command as suggested, opened RSLogix 5 back up, and the trends folder was back again.

Thanks for the help.