Allen-Bradley DH485 and Factory Link V7

Phil Melore

Administrator
Hi Folks,
Generally I don't do this, but I've been trying to help Jasper from South Africa make a post to the forum. My support has been unsuccessful. bawling
So, please consider this a proxy post for him.
----
Jaspers question:

I have 7 AB Micrologix PLC's networked on DH485.
Does factory link support this network? I have to tie in to an existing scada setup.
-----

If you want to be a good samaritan and help him, you can email him at:
[email protected]

Since we should always keep the posts online, please cut/paste your email to him and cut/paste his replies here. Alot of work but I'm sure he would be grateful... and the community will learn as well.

If you're into internet pc support, he says " I have tried from desktop nt4.0 internet explorer v6, also from laptop with XP and IE6.0. Cookies are enabled. No firewall. I have also tried via Dial-up 56k modem instead of isdn - same result."

Last edited:
I am interested in assisting with the posting problem, should I email the person directly.

I have in my posession many computers using 98, NT, and XP and have never had a problem posting here therefore am very curious.

Can the individual read the threads but not make replies or post?

Jasper if you can read this feel free to email me about the connection problems.

Alas, I can not help with the Factory Link issue though.

rsdoran said:
I am interested in assisting with the posting problem, should I email the person directly.
Yes, it would be best to email him directly.

He can read but not post.

FYI- Only other members can send you an email through the forum. Your email address is never exposed so he wouldn't know it.
Plus it protects you from spam :)

Last edited: