Building a test/training stand

donl517

I am going to build a test/training stand for programming PLC's and HMI's; I would like to buy a panel with a bank of flip switches on it. (24 switches or 12) Has anybody seen anything like this?

Thanks,
Don

Would probably have pretty good luck checking with automotive factories in the area, depending on where you are in Michigan. All the ones I've been in have had a warehouse (usually more than one) of stuff from the 90s and early 00s that they procrastinated selling for so long that it's basically worthless now. But works great for demo hardware.

Good question, curious to see what comes up. In the past I have made my own box with 8 switches and 8 lights (to provide for 8 digital inputs and to see 8 digital outputs). Currently I have a stand with some DIN rails and a power supply at my desk, and some standard cabinet push buttons and rotary switches in DIN rail adapters. Like so:

m22.gif

Works OK and it is flexible, but more than two or three does take quite a lot of space on the rail.

I have also used some smaller toggle switches with middle position and one way spring return. No idea how to describe it better in English. Nice thing about it is that it can be used both as a toggle as well as a push button. Very practical for a test stand. I'd like to make my own 8x or 16x DIN rail mount switch box with these.

Yeah I was hoping for something like this:
20161019_173202_1024x1024.jpg

It would be nice to have lighted switches, but not necessary.

Thanks,
Don

The stuff you're looking for is common in the after-market automotive industry. Just search "Automotive switch panel" and you'll get a number of different configurations.

Good question, curious to see what comes up. In the past I have made my own box with 8 switches and 8 lights (to provide for 8 digital inputs and to see 8 digital outputs). Currently I have a stand with some DIN rails and a power supply at my desk, and some standard cabinet push buttons and rotary switches in DIN rail adapters. Like so:

m22.gif

Works OK and it is flexible, but more than two or three does take quite a lot of space on the rail.

I have also used some smaller toggle switches with middle position and one way spring return. No idea how to describe it better in English. Nice thing about it is that it can be used both as a toggle as well as a push button. Very practical for a test stand. I'd like to make my own 8x or 16x DIN rail mount switch box with these.

Toine these are some neat little boxes. Where do you source these from?

....I seem to remember similar for the 300 series. I'm sure it will be expensive and not really flexible, but they look cute.

The 300's simulators are 6ES7374-2XH01-0AA0 they work good and they are configurable, when I use them I set them up for 8 inputs and 8 outputs, I just started making a 300 trainer but im using a 314C

Toine these are some neat little boxes. Where do you source these from?
Phil, they are neat indeed, and are made by Eaton/Moeller as mdim pointed out.

They are however not true boxes in the sense that they are not fully closed. The second image on the page that mdim linked to shows a different perspective.

00073239_0.gif

Fits their modular push buttons, rotary buttons, lights etc. Behind the button you can add your choice of NO, NC contacts as well as lights/leds. They click in, can even be stacked for panel mount buttons (but not on these DIN rail mounts, not enough depth).

unlighted-pushbutton-overview.jpg

m22overviewnew.gif

Note: I am not selling these things, have no share in the company or whatever. I just use these things at work.