Micro850 Kinetix 300 UDFB

seth350

First time working with a Micro850 in CCW v11.

I have found this document #CC-QS036A-EN-P that details setting up the communication between the two. The problem is that I cannot find the UDFBs the document cites.

The only ones I am able to find is from the sample code page and it was wrote in CCW v4 with DWORD arrays as inputs.

Does anyone know where to get the latest UDFBs for the Micro850 and Kinetix 300?

I downloaded CCAT thinking I could get them from it. However, after it creates a project, CCW won't open it. Seems to be a conflict with CCW v11.

https://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/qs/cc-qs036_-en-p.pdf

Thank you damica, I will take a look.

I have some UDFBs for the Kinetix300, but I also need to be able to change the index parameters from my HMI. The UDFB that’s i have to do that wants the index number and other options as a DWORD[1..1]. Seems strange to me. I wasn’t able to convert into a DWORD[1..1].

Go to their sample code library and download (Expand/Merge) for both (Word and Dword) format.

This will allow you to control each bit of the word/dword. This is a great UDFB I use it all the time.

damica, the UDFB you found for me is the same one I have.

The only thing I have an issue with is the RA_K300_INDEX_DATA function block and it wanting the DWORD[1..1] datatype.

Our AB distributor finally got me a copy of the UDFB I was originally looking for. They are sending it over today.

I will look at the Expand/Merge FB you suggest as well.

Will you post the new function block once you get it so I can add it to my library?

Thanks

damica,
Sorry it took so long, just got the project open. Apparently, if someone creates a CCW project with CCAT and zips it up and sends it to another user, the new user won't be able to open it. The project is looking for files on the creator's PC.

You have to open serveral of the files up in Notepad and edit the file paths.

Anyways, here are the exported UDFBs. This should help others in the future as well. At least until Rockwell fixes this hot-mess called CCW.

damica,
Sorry it took so long, just got the project open. Apparently, if someone creates a CCW project with CCAT and zips it up and sends it to another user, the new user won't be able to open it. The project is looking for files on the creator's PC.

You have to open serveral of the files up in Notepad and edit the file paths.

Anyways, here are the exported UDFBs. This should help others in the future as well. At least until Rockwell fixes this hot-mess called CCW.

Thank you! You saved me from a big trouble last night. Thanks for sharing!!!:geek: