Downloaded Files

Prayder

Lifetime Supporting Member
Whenever I download anything from rockwell automation it will not install. It downloads to the downloads folder but when I click to install I get the turning blue wheel briefly but then it just goes away and nothing ever installs. I can download things from other websites and never have any issues. Has anyone ever experienced this?

I finally gave in and used the Managed Downloads on their site. I had problems with .dmk (firmware) files using Chrome, they suggested not using chrome, I folded like a lawn chair and just used the stupid managed downloads for everything.

yes, sometimes this happens

I second dmroeder's advice, use the managed download option

also don't move the file from where it downloads, just run it from there.

that usually does it for me

If you right click on the file and select Properties, is there a button on one of the tabs labeled "Unblock"?