Suggestions for retiring Panelview 1200s

dalem

We have 2 PV1200 in use. One has been enhanced to the E spec, the other standard. Both set up on RIO. (2711-KC1 units.) I'm looking for suggestions for replacing these PVs with something else. These 2 sit side by side in 2 console panels. One console also contains the SLC processor for it's process equipment, the other houses only the PV and is RIO hook up to a PLC5.

I would like to be able to fill both holes with like equipment or perhaps combine the 2 into one unit and eliminate one console panel, if possible/feasible.

I'm interested in any suggestions, being CH, AD, AB, etc HMI units or perhaps something PC based. If you have some preference and reply, please aproximate cost of hardware and software, if that info comes to mind.

Thank you in advance,
Dale

Last edited:
I just glanced at AD C-more panels and remembered something. The thought of a touch screen only panel does not appeal to our needs, although I know it would do the same. Would prefer keypad entry and/or keypad and touch screen.

I'd go for the panelview plus 1250 or 1500...

It does RIO and the e range programs can be converted (i think) into the plus range, the 1200 can be converted to the e and then to the plus (again thoughts from memory! as i havent used a 1200 for many many years).

You may need a few minor changes but it'll be easier than rewriting the HMI software for another make !

Thank you, both of you. I'll look into both, asap. I'm not in any danger at this time (with these Panelviews) but figures I'd take some "spare" time and start looking for a direction to head into. I must agree, the AB solutions would probably be the easiest in the long run. At the same time, in the long run, I'm not sure tthe AB solution will be the most economical. Furtunately, I have some time to look into as many avenues possible.

On the PV 1250 and 1500, I take it there is different programming software. Is that RSView something??

dalem said:
I'm not sure tthe AB solution will be the most economical.

It wont be!!!

i use the redlion G3 displays which are very good but are mainly touch screens and only have a few keys.

dalem said:
On the PV 1250 and 1500, I take it there is different programming software. Is that RSView something??

Yes same software for the plus 1250 and 1500, RSView ME (or Enterprise)