Product Key for Rockwell RS 5000 and RS Linx

Coachman

We had a Harddrive crash on one of our laptops. On reactivating
RS Logix 5000 ver.16 and RS Linx 2.50 .Where can I locate the
Product Key that it is asking for.

Thanks in advance,

If you originally purchased the software before the Factorytalk activation scheme was implemented, then there will be a master floppy for RSLogix 5000. Your v16 may have been updated a number of times, but the original EVRSI copy protection still applies. And you have to install and/or reset the license with the move and reset utilities.

If on the other hand, you purchased the software after Factorytalk activation scheme was implemented, then the product key and serial number is in a red envelope.

With the Factory Talk activation, I had to call AB support. They manually disabled my current activation then they had me reactivate it online via their website.

I have found that alot of times you don't have to put in the product key (serial #). 0123456789 works fine. The activation is what makes Rockwell Software wore, not the serial.