SLC 500 4-20 mA output and pneumatic valve

BobVuTo

Hi,
I send the value of 32767 the output which suppose to open the valve 100%, but it didn't. The old controller (Bailey) could open/close the valve with its 4-20 mA signal. What could be wrong here? Thanks for your help.

Bob

What could be wrong here?
Bob

There are a lot of possibiities! First, have you checked at the actuator to make sure you actually have 4-20 mA there? You should also check the voltage across the valve operator with the wires terminated at 4 and at 20 mA. Have you checked the wiring diagrams on both to make sure you don't have a ground loop? Are you sure that the Bailey and the PLC output are both self powered or both loop powered? Have you tried moving the valve using a simulator at the panel to make sure the wiring wasn't pulled loose? Have you verified that the PLC is actually giving you 20 mA?

what catalog number output module are you using? ...

for many of them, 31208 is the magic number which will get you 20 mA (not 32767) ...

for 4 mA try 6242 ...

give us more information and we can probably offer more detailed help ...