What do they teach in Siemens trainig ?

Prince

Hi

I've been working with siemens PLCs and inverters for some time and I think I know some of them a bit ;) but Everytime I go to the site and I see the ads for taining sessions by Siemens I would ask myself what kind of a class is that for real ? Which one is fruitful ? and which one is nonsense ? . Of course I have a copy of the documents piblished By Siemens but do they provide some documents specially for their training classes ? :confused:
I thought If I open a thread under this name . May be the people who have passed these trainings by siemens can help me find about these courses or share some informations and documents ...

Thanks

Last edited:
Prince

I have had the pleasure of attending a Siemens training courses.

I done the S7 networking course, at which, I was issued with two large A4 folders of course material. The course manuals contain the step by step instructions for all the practical work carried out on the course, I doubt, very much, if this material is available in the public domain as it is written specifically for the training course.

I went on this course to bolster my limited knowledge of networking with S7's and if I am going to be honest, I didn't learn that much more than I had already picked up by 'playing' with the PLC's. Having said that I certainly enjoyed the course, the bonus for me was that I learnt a little bit about ASi, as I had never worked with that before.

Paul

I haven't taken any S7 courses, but I did take all of the S5 courses during the mid-90s. I already knew S5 very well, so I didn't learn much in Programming I and II, but Programming III was great. But even with the lower level courses, I was able to pick up a few things. And the best part by far is meeting other programmers. I probably learned more from them than from the instructor.

My advice is to go ahead and take any class you can get your employer to pay for. At a minimum, you'll tie a few loose ends together.