440C-CR30 Safety Relay Issues

Tim Ganz

I have a machine with a 440C-CR30 safety relay that failed and we installed a new unit but can't get the backed up project to open in CCW so we can restore it.

We have CCW V8 on it's own clean VM and we copied the backup of the project folder into the CCW directory where it stores projects but when we try to open it it fails and says it's missing a template.

We are trying to open the file with the .ccwsln extension as it calls for.

The guy that wrote this is no longer with our company and he only made 2 backups and they both appear to be corrupt.

We contacted Rockwell and they have had no luck either but the people we spoke to did not sound all that confident in what they were telling us. Trying to avoid reprogramming this whole thing.

Make sure your on the local directory. It fails on a network just about every time.

Those are so easy to program, you could probably do it in a few minutes. Look at the wiring diagrams to determine what you need to do.

Download the latest software and flash if necessary. V10 works pretty decent.