Automax Programming excutive V4.2 support

phongnhatdo

Dear Experts.

I'm using Automax programming EX V4.2.
When I open one project from file exsiting on computer then Task Block and Basic can't edit. Task *.PC can edit with tool "Automax ladder editor" only.

So, Which tool for edit task block and task basic?

Thank a lot.

We recently retired an old Automax system. I recall to edit Block Tasks and Basic tasks required a text editor program be loaded on your computer. We used something called PFE32. But I believe any text editor would work. You have to reference to it in your Automax program. When you first initialize the Automax software, go to "setup" and then "Automax". A window will popup and there should be a place to type in your text editor ***.EXE file. This tells the software where to get the editor for these tasks from.
Then when you go to "Manage tasks" and select a >BAS or .BLK task, the editor should run and give you the ability to make modifications. At least that's how it worked on our system. Good luck.

Dear Jim.
Thanks for your reply.
I was downloaded soft you called PFE32, and installed on my computer on base window XP. When I refer to my project and opend one Block task with PFE32 then it display as below.
1 !******************************************************************
2 ! WARNING: DO NOT MANUALLY EDIT THIS FILE!
3 ! THIS FILE WAS EXTRACTED BY AUTOMAX BLOCK EDITOR. TO MODIFY THIS
4 ! TASK, USE THE AUTOMAX BLOCK EDITOR.
5 ! COPYRIGHT © 1997,1998 ROCKWELL AUTOMATION, DRIVE SYSTEMS
6 !******************************************************************
They request tool " AUTOMAX BLOCK EDITOR" for edit, but in soft Automax programming not include this tool.

Jim, do you ever use "Automax Block Editor" for edit block task and basic task?
Thanks Jim.

We never have used anything called "Automax Block Editor".
We were always able to modify what we needed using the text editor I mentioned before. I wish I could offer you more assistance.

PFE is in your AMX files somewhere, or at least has been all of my installs.

BUT I use NotePad Plus (NPP) with good success. Just save it as the BLK or BAS task.

The Automax Block Editor (ABE) was an add in for Visio, when using Visio and after installing the ABE you could create Block programs symbolically similar to ControlLogix Function Block Editor.

I do not know where you could get the ABE and also where to get the correct version of Visio

Alan.