Section Block Control in Parker DSE 890

Brad K

Can anyone help me invert the correction to the speed demand in the section control block. The drive's base speed is correct, however the correction to tension error is being applied in the wrong direction making low tension lower and high tension higher. I see the forward/Reverse selection but that only seems to invert the base speed, not the correction.

Thanks in advance

I'll take a stab at it. I don't have a drive to check it on though.

If you are NOT using the load cell inputs and you are using the FEEDBACK input, you need to subtract the feedback value from 100% before connecting it to the FEEDBACK input.

If you ARE using the load cell inputs, then I THINK you need to set the LC 1 ZERO and LC 2 ZERO to -100% and set the LC 1 SIGN and LC 2 SIGN to -100% also. Hopefully you are scaling the load cells or whatever before this block.

You need your feedback to range 100 to 0% rather than 0 to 100%.

This is one of the blocks that could use help in the help file.

The easiest way I know to do this is the change the extensible and non-extensible range values to negative numbers. The range values are direct multipliers to the PID section output so a negative value in these spots will invert the direction of the correction.

Keith

the easiest way i know to do this is the change the extensible and non-extensible range values to negative numbers. The range values are direct multipliers to the pid section output so a negative value in these spots will invert the direction of the correction.

Keith

+1