RSLogix 5000 PID Question

GENERY

Good day everyone. I would like to ask something regarding PID Instruction. I noticed one of our machine's PID instruction status is showing "PID Initialize = NO". I am wondering if this can cause the PID not to function normally? And how to initialize it?

Reason for asking is because one of our older machines suddenly is unable to achieve the setpoint temperature. Is it controlled using the PID instruction. I went online tot he PLC and checked the rung condition are all OK and hardware side are also OK. Only noticed the PID instruction is showing "PID Initialize = NO". I have compared with our offline backup PLC program and noticed the PID Instruction status is showing PID Initialize = YES. Hence, I tried to download our backup program and everything is back to normal and now is showing PID Initialize = YES.

Thanks for your kind attention and stay safe.

You should be able to just check the box and it will begin to function normally. Or, you can set the PID's .INI bit, which does the same thing.

If the PID scaling values are invalid, I believe that this box will be unchecked. I also seem to recall that if you modify the scaling values using ladder logic instead of the PID dialog box, the INI bit turns off and you have to turn it on again (or possibly that it didn't turn off, but the PID wouldn't work until you turned it off and on again yourself). I'd love to know how many tequilas the RA engineer who implemented the "initialised" function had consumed that day. I wonder if the Four Points bar was involved...

You should be able to just check the box and it will begin to function normally. Or, you can set the PID's .INI bit, which does the same thing.

If the PID scaling values are invalid, I believe that this box will be unchecked. I also seem to recall that if you modify the scaling values using ladder logic instead of the PID dialog box, the INI bit turns off and you have to turn it on again (or possibly that it didn't turn off, but the PID wouldn't work until you turned it off and on again yourself). I'd love to know how many tequilas the RA engineer who implemented the "initialised" function had consumed that day. I wonder if the Four Points bar was involved...

Thanks ASF.