how to connect Rslogix to logix5561 plc using ethernet

jiten84

hi guys

can any one help me with correct procedure to connect RSlogix5k to logix5561 plc step by step.

i am using ENET ethernet module.
can anyone tell me how to configure RSlinx to end step?
the ENET module connected with 8 port switch with couple of slots empty. do i need to connect ethernet cable straight to ENET module or plug it to spider switch?
if ENET module ip is e.g.192.168.250.100 and subnet 255.255.254.0 do i need to change ip in my laptop aswell?
i have copy of backup file which need to be alter and download again in plc. there is project path in file AB_ETHIP-1\192.168.250.100\Backplane\0. is there any thing to do with this?

please guys help me with this, this is the first time i am upload/download the program and in big trouble..

i will be very thankfull if any one help me with this.....

You need to get the basics.
If you are connecting directly to the ENET module, then you would use a crossover cable. If you are going through your switch, then you need a std patch cable.

Your PC and the ENET module need to be on the same network, so that means based on your example, you are good with anything like 192.168.250.101-254 and 192.168.250.99 and under.

(I hope that you know how to change to a static IP)

Other than that, it depends on how you setup your ENET module, BOOTP or not.....

Connect to the switch or the module direct, using the method above, add the Ethernet driver in linx, and add your Modules/s IP based on the selection BOOTP-ENable or not. (You would enter in 192.168.250.100)

Let it autoconfigure, and browse the IP that is highlighted in the active window in LINX,

Then drill into the tree, (Which is another thing that you should become familiar with) and you will see the Processor, and the rack contents.

Hope that this solves your dilema, but in reality is BASIC information that you should be able to find by READING the manual/s that Rockwell spends so much of our money on.....

I beleive you need a cross cable to the data switch then a straight cable from switch to laptop yes you will have to change your laptop IP to the correct subnet. As well as a close or similar IP.

Edit looks like SNK beat me to it lol