Visibility animation in Factory talk view

sanfre

Hi all.

My problem is: I need to setup a visibility animation in with the values to be compared come from a parameter file. One of the parameter is a interger tag and the other is a constant. When I put the expression like #100=#101 give the error in runtime(#100=Integer Tag, #101 = constant). Any ideas?

Try #100 == #101.

A single "=" sign is a "set" instruction, i.e. #100 = #101 means "set #101 to the value of #100".

A double equals sign is an "equal" comparator, which is what you appear to be trying to do.

Does not work. The help of ftv says:

"In the Parameters editor, for each tag placeholder in the graphic display, type a definition using the format:
<#number>=<string> where string can be a tag or folder name, or any part of a tag name, for any kind of tag."

Apparently any thing on the right of equal sign in a parameter file is considered to be string. So I'm try to compare one integer against a string. I think this is the error cause.

Correct - when creating your parameter file, you need to use a single equals sign, because you are "setting" the values.

I believe you're right in your assumption about comparing to a string. Historically when I've had a need to compare against constants in FTView, I ended up creating a tag folder called "constants" and then putting 100 memory tags in there, called 00, 01, 02...99, with values to match. Then I just used e.g. Constants/53 in my expression. A bit of a pain for sure, but it's FTView so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

When creating your visibility expression, you will need to use a double equals to compare your two values.

Last edited:
You can use constants in your visibility expression though - would that be a possibility for your application?

It is possible but what I was trying to do is a global objetc that take this parameters in run time. What I can do now is folow your first idea or create each object with the const that I need.