Machine Speed change

ziyaddin2015

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have been asked to change machine speed from 42.5 Hz to 34 per product count of 10 and 12 only. I tried to change reciepe_hold and recipe_value parameters but one for the recipe_hold keeps reverting back to original immediately in monitor tags page. I tried selecting that recipe and stopped the machine when I made this change but it keeps going going back to original. Thanks

I've got a few minutes until the next pot of coffee is done, so I'll take a poke at this one.

This answer is based on the assumption that somewhere in the question there is a freq drive of some brand or another, and also assumes there is some form of communication between the freq drive and the PLC. If those assumptions are correct then read on. If any of those assumptions is incorrect, then I'm just typing to enjoy the sound of the keyboard.

The quick and easy way to do this is to use an EQUAL and a MOVE. And it would look something like this:

If Product_Count EQUAL 10 then MOVE 42.5 to freq drive commanded speed.
If Product_Count EQUAL 12 then MOVE 42.5 to freq drive commanded speed.

There are so many ways to skin this cat, we could spend the rest of this year and next debating the pros and cons of each idea. This one will get the job done, and your local Bubba will have no excuse for not being able to understand it.

Bubba.

I have been asked to change machine speed from 42.5 Hz to 34 per product count of 10 and 12 only. I tried to change reciepe_hold and recipe_value parameters but one for the recipe_hold keeps reverting back to original immediately in monitor tags page. I tried selecting that recipe and stopped the machine when I made this change but it keeps going going back to original. Thanks

sounds like the program is writing the original value back in.

cross reference your tags and check there is no minimum and maximum limits.