Micrologix 1200 - 'Other card detected - No current load'

ENA-nbruins

Hello

I am currently having an issue with setting up a AB Micrologix 1200 system with a 1762-OB32T output card.

When setting up the card in the I/O Configuration it sees the card as 'Other' with the description being 'I/O Module - ID Code = 100'.

I tried uploading the program to the controller and it gives me this error
"WARNING: 'Other' card detected - no current load was taken into account for the card(s)"

I did see there was a similar post made in 2010, but no solution was given. I also see that there is some info on the rockwell knowledgebase but its behind their paywall.

Has anyone figured it out? Is there anything I can do?

Cheers

It's probably the current FRN (Firmware Revision Number) running on the CPU. 32 Point I/O modules are relatively 'new'.

Unless exceeding the ML1200 maximum allowed I/O point number (136) you should be able to freely download the latest available ML1200 FRN (14.000) and ControlFlash the controller into it thus allowing the addition of a 32 Point DO expansion module.

Thank you both for your reply!

First, I tried updating the firmware to version 14, but I ran into a bunch of errors that prevented me from updating, reverted back to firmware version 12

As far as setting up the "Other" I/O module goes, I think we are good.
The Advanced Config for the card looks the same as what posted on the KB post. The only difference is that I have a revision box. It's currently set to rev A.

Unfortunately its still not working, still getting the same errors o_O