Delta HMI - Anyone try one?

Keystone

Lifetime Supporting Member
My company is looking at upgrading about 20 PanelViews and we are looking at other alternatives. I was told about Delta HMI's, they seem good and are more cost affective than PV component or PV+.

I am looking for feedback if anyone everused one.

Thanks for any info or exp.

Hi

Delta HMI are very popular here.Very Low Price .
The problem is until now, they were look cheap.The mono chrome
was gray and the color look lifeless.
I used them for very simple application and project with no budget.I believe the HMI is the front of my work I could not let it look so ugly.
On Sunday I got one from the new models DOP-B.The colors look much better.The price was amazing 340USD for 5.7' colored.Free software.I did not like the documentation.For small project it look good.
I think you should check it with your PLC.
It is not fit 100% to AD.There is no V it call R.C is not working I had to use X & Y instead of C.(even C is appear on the software.)
I did not found how to use pop up.
I doing now a project of delta with omron so I guess I will be more clever at the end of this month.
I will try it with AB to see if I have major problems.
It work with Siemens S7200 but I do not like it.Again the driver is 100% fit.
The body (fram)is not small and slime like the new models.
You can buy few delta HMIs in price of one PV.

I tested The HMI with OMRON CP1L & AB ML1400 during the last week.
It work OK with both of them.
The color look good and most of the simple thing work OK.
The only problem I had with AB.According to the book the communication protocol should be 19200 8 N 1.
It is not work with that I had to change to 19200 8 E 1.
(that's the way AB work with Hakko)
I did not like the alarm display,but for simple application its OK.
The documentation are lack.
I do not plan to use it for complicated application only for few screen app.

I tested The HMI with OMRON CP1L & AB ML1400 during the last week.
It work OK with both of them.
The color look good and most of the simple thing work OK.
The only problem I had with AB.According to the book the communication protocol should be 19200 8 N 1.
It is not work with that I had to change to 19200 8 E 1.
(that's the way AB work with Hakko)
I did not like the alarm display,but for simple application its OK.
The documentation are lack.
I do not plan to use it for complicated application only for few screen app.

Hello Arik,

Do you put extra setting to the Omron CP1L PLC in order for it to communicate with the Delta DOP-B series HMI?
I did tried to connect them using a RS232 cable, but the HMI keeps on yelling No response.

Can you please help? Thank you.

CH

I don't understand what you mean by extra setting.
If the cable is made in the way is show on the book it should work.
PM me your e mail I will send you project sample.

I don't know about the Delat HMI, but you couldn't pay me enough to use the PV Component. Any more, I mostly use Red Lion HMI's. There are some cheaper, but they look good, and have loads of power for the programmer

Hi
I believe the HMI is the front of my work I could not let it look so ugly.

Absolutly Agree. Rule #1 - Make it easy for operators/maintenance. Rule #2 Management makes the purchase decisions, and they like flashy lights.

I don't understand what you mean by extra setting.
If the cable is made in the way is show on the book it should work.
PM me your e mail I will send you project sample.

Do you set the DIP switch #4 to ON?
How is the configuration in the PLC settings -> Serial Port 1?
I was trying around with all these settings.

I have HMI delta DOP-B07S415 and i configure two trends in the trend history but the trend display the second one only
Also,the number of points in the recorder is very low although i make number of samples is 20000 with each 2secs

i hope help me

I don't know about the Delat HMI, but you couldn't pay me enough to use the PV Component. Any more, I mostly use Red Lion HMI's. There are some cheaper, but they look good, and have loads of power for the programmer

LOL. Yeah... I was really disappointed when I finally saw one that we used on a small machine last summer. God, they're simply an old-style PV with a new number!

OTOH, the cost of PV +6 is rediculous. I know my discount is not the best (hell, it is probably non-existant) but I was quoted nearly $6,000 for a PV +6 /1500 last month. Damm. I'm going to use a computer and View SE instead; a 100-screen View SE is only about 2/3 as much as the PV +6 /1500. Since I need the PC for some other things on the machine, this is not a big deal. Even if I didn't, however, the PC + View SE is roughly the same as the PV +6.

How hard is it to hook up a Red Lion to CompactLogix or to a uLogix or a SLC? I keep seeing good things about them here; I haven't ever used one though.