SoMachine vs Unity Pro

Haider92

Hi everyone,

can someone describe and details the difference between Schneider Electric SoMachine and Unity Pro.

both use to programming PLC Module from Schneider Electric, so whats the difference between them and why Schneider Electric have Two software use for the same purpose:sick:

Also if someone have old thread in this forum like:-

SoMachine VS Unity Pro

SoMachine or Unity Pro

please give me the URL, I'll enjoy reading about them:book:
Kind Regards,

SoMachine is based on Codesys 3 and is aimed at machine builders. It has a good integration with Schneider HMIs via Vijeo designer. The tagdatabase is common. Also good easy integration with IO and drives. It is quite new.

Unity Pro has been around for some more years and is for Schneiders larger systems like Premium but also M341. Not any integration with HMI.

We made quite a large project with SoMachine. One M251 CPU with some local IO. About 40 frequency drives on CAN bus. Also a bunch of TM7 remote CAN IO. Some encoders also on the CAN bus. We had two HMI that communicated Ethernet with the CPU. It was easy to program and integrate PLC,drives and IO. Impressive that one small "cheap" CPU could run all this without problems and at a low scan time.