FactoryTalk View SE 7 Alarm and Events

zacslade

Hi all,

I'm working on a project with an existing HMI in FactoryTalk View SE local station 7.0 . I know that they do currently have alarms configured for this project.

I restored a backup (APA) of the existing program so that I could modify it, and I see that they have an explorer item called "AE_Server" with sub-item "Alarm and Event Setup". If I doubleclick Alarm and Event setup, I get an error, "Cannot connect to the Tag Alarm and Event Server. Unable to load alarm configurations."

I don't want to do anything which would cause me to overwrite or lose the existing alarms for this project, but I do need to add a few more alarms. Any advice, or ideas as to what's going on here?

Thanks,
Zac

Ive not come across this but as far as i am aware, the alarm/event server is based on SQL.

If its not letting you see the alarm configuration, id double check that the server is still set up to see the SQL server/pointing to the correct place

Ash

Thanks Ash,

I think you were spot on with this response. I was able to access the AE server by first disabling History in the AE_Server properties, Priorities and History tab (See technote 68418). I noticed that there was no database definition specified there, which was likely the reason I was getting the errors I was getting.