WinCC flex problem when retriveing a project

NoName

Hello all.

I've encoutered a problem when I work from home on a WinCC flex project. I archive the whole Step 7 project in Simatic manager and put it on a USB key. I retrive the project on a different computer, and when I open the WinCC flex project I see that in the Ouptut window I see this msg:
TIA - synchronizeing symbols
and then
Warning: The Symbol Server has encountered a problem on "ConnectTo: ". Please save your changes, close WinCC flexible and open your project again.

I haven't changed anything in the DB's, to alter the addresses of the tags or anything.
Even If I archive an unchanged project on my laptop and retrive it on the other computer the same thing happens.

I've tryed the Rebuild all, Conect to functions and nothing works... Any ideas what could be wrong?

Best regards
Ales

It sounds like you have either a problem with your home copy of WinCCFlex or you're missing a required software package.

Open the project in Step7, right click on the project name in the left hand window then select Object Properties. Select the tab Required Software Packages, this may shed some light on your problem.

Nick

If I check wich software packages are required, everything check's out.
So I doubt that it could be a problem with the licence. I'll try and alter the graphics on my laptop and try to retrive it there, just to see if the problem will be the same.

Make sure both PC's have same software, same SP, same HF. Make sure on both pc's that WinCCFlex is integrated in Step7.

Had same error (sort of) and it was because of Software version differences and WinCCFlex not being integrated.

If everything is same, then you've got a problem....;)

This worked for a year now. It stoped working last week, and I didn't do any updateing on either of the computers. Strange...