Red Lion Panel view and Compactlogix 1769-L23E processor

Aut

I have Red Lion Panel view G306A which needs to be communicate with the CompactLogix 1769-L23E processor.Will it be compatible ?
Please anybody find out with this configuration i am new to Red Lion panel view.

Yes. I have the same L23E PLC connected to a G310, which has the same communication capability as the G306. I am using the Ethernet/IP slave driver in the Redlion, but may I also suggest either Native Tag Addressing or Native Tags Via L5K file driver over ethernet.

Redlion has some documentation on how to set this up - look for G3 and native tags or L5K here.

I have downloaded the crimson software developed some screens for testing with Compaclogix.I have linked the communication with Ethernet protocol with native tags via L5K file.Tags uploaded with import option and created some tags now i want to test the tags data from compactlogix in the crimson software right now i dont have RED Lion Panel view.So i have developed some sample pages and linked some tags in it and configued the emulator and tested it but data from the compaclogix in not coming is it right way to test the data with out Red lion panel view please anybody look into this matter.

My experience with the emulator is mixed. It's a great concept, but for the most part the drivers I need don't work. I have never seen a published list of emulator driver status, only indication on a driver-by-driver basis that one of them may not work. Some of the Modbus drivers work, though not all. I have had issues with some of the ones that do work too - serial framing issues that prevent the emulator from working but the actual G3 devices work perfectly fine. Beyond that, my expectation is that a given driver will NOT work in the emulator.

Now before I get bashed, my experience is with the drivers I need which certainly is not near all the ones listed. So it may be that every other driver works, and the small percentage I need don't. Could be. To know for sure, ask Redlion to publish a list. But I would prefer they focus on Crimson3 at this point, and come back to emulator drivers later!

Then how to test my application is comunicating with compactlogix for testing after this i am planing to test with REd Lion PV right now i dont have it.First i want to test in software itself like in AB Factory talk ME

I have got the hardware after powering on it is showing MAC Address.How the basic configuration should be done nothing has given in manual for basic programming.Which cable has to used there is no serial cable a long with hardware so how should i have do the basic configuration to the RED Lion.I am new to this RED Lion please anybody show me the way.

From your laptop for first connect USB Cable and set C2 comms to USB, then set up the Ip address's in C2 and tick the box for ip upload/download

Then after the first download with usb you will be able to connect to the G3 with ethernet, the ethernet will also need to go to the control logix.

Last edited:
I dont have an usb cable for G3,did't came with G3 which cable is that exactly(USB)i dont have that kind of usb cable.Please suggest any other way to configure ethernet please reply me.You have specified as C2 is it a port in software selection please explain.

There is a quick-start section in the manual. Did you read it? It's under 'Help', 'Contents', in Crimson2.

As others have said, you can connect with serial or USB (info here). If you don't have a USB cable you can buy one. Or you can buy the Redlion serial programming cable. Or you can make your own Redlion serial cable - look at the spec sheet for the pinout - you need a 6pin modular jack (RJ11/RJ12 or whatever they call it where you live).

It might be possible to move the config image to a compactflash and then insert into the device. There is a section in the manual for this. But if you don't have a USB cable, I don't think it is likely you have a flash card reader attached to your PC. All of the ones I have seen in recent years are USB...