Drive for 2 axis movement

dani90

i'm looking for drive or drives that should"

run vertical and horizontal conveyors,

both should sync,

able to run in different speed,

thanks for your feedback

What sort of loads are you lifting ? Anything safety related or overhead ?

How closely are the drive axes coupled; you refer to them as "conveyors"; is the horizontal axis lifted by the vertical axis ?

How closely do they have to synchronized to one another ?

If a servo and its shaft brake failed, how would your system prevent the load from falling ?

Do the drives have to connect or integrate with a particular type of PLC controller ?

No question about Yaskawa A1000

https://www.yaskawa.com/products/drives/industrial-ac-drives/general-purpose-drives

unless its a hoisting or safety is an issue in the application then go with Magnetek Impulse drive
they are designed for crane hoisting applications

https://www.magnetekmh.com/Products/AC Drives/IMPULSE AC Drives

I have use both for years you will not go wrong with them

Also if I remember correctly from a job up there a while back you will need a VFD rated for 600Vac input that may limit your selection. Both of these are available with the 600V

Last edited:
What sort of loads are you lifting ? Anything safety related or overhead ?
No

How closely are the drive axes coupled; you refer to them as "conveyors"; is the horizontal axis lifted by the vertical axis ?

axes are not coupled. horizontal conveyor transfer items to vertical conveyor.

How closely do they have to synchronized to one another ?
both should be synchronized in certain length.

If a servo and its shaft brake failed, how would your system prevent the load from falling ?
the motors are attached to gear reducer.

Do the drives have to connect or integrate with a particular type of PLC controller ?

Siemens plc

I work on a couple of machines with in and out transport carts that share a common track.

They are controlled by a 2 axis Parker CompuMotor servo controller going to 2 servo amplifiers, run by an Omrom PLC - but do connect to other PLC's as well. Learning their Motion Planner software wasn't a big learning curve as it is structured text with some special commands.