AW70 H90 Server to Two Remote Control Rooms

IdealDan

Hi Friends

This is a continuation with more info I have got.

Client wants to Visualize Data (No-Control access) from DCS having AW70 H90 Server (Foxboro) offshore via an existing micro wave system to two different Control rooms in their Port Harcourt office (onshore)

I’m thinking of deploying a SCADA (May be WINCC or ADROIT)with an OPC Server (May be Matrikon’s OPC Server for AW70-ForAPI) in other to view the data from the offshore Terminal Server.

• WILL THIS WORK?
  • IF YES, WILL I HAVE TO INSTALL OPC LICENSE AT THE AW70 H90 SERVER SIDE (offshore) AS WELL?
WHAT COULD BE BEST IDEA FOR THIS APPLICATION PLEASE

I will appreciate your input.

If it is OPC-UA then put the server on the offshore site. OPC-UA plays nicely with firewalls etc if you set up ports properly.

If it's OPC classic then put it on the same machine as the SCADA server and pray for the best. OPC classic does NOT play well with others.

If it is OPC-UA then put the server on the offshore site. OPC-UA plays nicely with firewalls etc if you set up ports properly.

If it's OPC classic then put it on the same machine as the SCADA server and pray for the best. OPC classic does NOT play well with others.
Thanks for your input Bro.

I intend using OPC UA from Kepware or Matrikon.

But if I put the OPC UA server on the offshore site. will it take care of the two separate SCADA servers?
I mean, will ONE OPC UA License Capture for the two different SCADAs at the two separate Visualization Control Rooms?

2. which Firewall is best for this application please?

Regards

Last edited:
Yes, you can have multiple OPC clients connected to one server.

Any industrial or commercial grade firewall will work provided you know what ports or services you need to allow through. Moxa and Schneider make DIN rail mount options, otherwise just ask the client what their preferred manufacturer is and select a product from them.

Any industrial or commercial grade firewall will work provided you know what ports or services you need to allow through. Moxa and Schneider make DIN rail mount options, otherwise just ask the client what their preferred manufacturer is and select a product from them.
Thanks Bro

Saffa please tell.

With Firewall, is it all that is required to implement SCADA Cyber Security in this application?