1761-NET-ENI/D no connection

SpecialK87

I have a MircoLogix 1500 connected to a 1761-NET-ENI and I am not able to connect to it. In RSLinx it shows a yellow ? with a red X under the Ethernet Driver. While using a patch cable to connect directly to the module I was able to "see" it under the Ethernet/IP driver. However, it still had a red X over it, even though RSLinx recognized it as the 1761 module. (from reading previous threads I learned that the Ethernet/IP driver can obtain basic "identities" from devices which would explain what I am seeing...Thanks Ken Roach!)

At no point have I been able to PING it. I also don't know how it is configured since I wasn't around when it was done. From what I can tell the 1761-NET-ENI modules are pieces of trash and they were discontinued by AB. So far I have not been able to find the ENI configuration utility on the AB website so I can't access it.

I do have a replacement 1761-NET-ENI if that's necessary but how would I configure that anyway? Long term I suppose I will upgrade to a better communication module. But for now how can I resolve my connection issue??

Thanks,
Kyle