PowerFlex 525 - Speed Reference by Ethernet is set to 0 but still runs at 60 HZ

Cydog

Good Afternoon ,

I'm sorry , but here is another one. I have the PowerFlex 525 speed reference set to Ethernet / IP and it is running at 60 HZ . The PLC is telling
it to run 0 HZ , but it still wants to run at 60 HZ. The b002 ( Commanded Freq ) is saying 60.0 HZ . I have all the speed references set to 15 ( EtherNet / IP ) . I change it to 1 ( Drive Pot ) and it goes down to 0 and then I can control the speed with the pot. Ethernet is telling it to run that speed .

Have you guys seen this before ? It blows my mind .

Thanks for your help again.

* Update * - I took notice that my Frequency Command was -1 . I put a AFI before my MUL instruction , and made it 0 and the speed went down to 0. I'm using REAL numbers to set my speed desire than using a MUL by 100 to get my command frequency .

Cydog said:
...I'm using REAL numbers to set my speed desire than using a MUL by 100 to get my command frequency...

Just to be clear (not just for you but also for other readers)...

For the PowerFlex 525 the Reference and Feedback are 16-bit integer values (INT) which represent drive speed in 0.01 Hz.
The desired Hz needs to be multiplied by the scaling factor of 100. For example, if you need 32.5 Hz you would send over 32.5 x 100 = 3250 as an INT to the drive.

If the 32.5 Hz speed reference is a REAL, say entered by a User on a HMI, then while applying scaling (mul x 100) you must also convert the REAL result to an INT before sending it to the drive's output image.

I'm not saying that this has anything to do with what you had "wrong" here. It's just how the above reads. It might suggest to some that using REALs all the way is a viable option.

Regards,
George