RSLogix 500 - Clock?

AD1980

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help me...is there an internal clock within the RSLogix 500?
What i am wanting to do is to start a machine up automatically at the same time each week. I have been trying to use timers and counters but am struggling at the minute.

Thanks

Which AB PLC model are you using? It matters.

If the model of PLC you are using has a time of day clock then its a simple matter, but we need to know which one in order to tell you if your PLC has a clock, and if it does, what addresses to access to determine the time.

Ok, which SLC 500 are you using? There is no SLC 5.

The original brick units (L20, L30, L40)
5/01
5/02
5/03
5/04
5/05
MicroLogix 1000
MicroLogix 1100
MicroLogix 1200
MicroLogix 1400
MicroLogix 1500

OG

Great, the 5/03,4,5 controllers all have internal clocks.

Look in the Status file in RSLogix 500, in the Main tab. You'll see that words in the Status file correspond to the increments of the clock.

S:37 Year
S:38 Month
S:39 Day
S:40 Hour
S:41 Minute
S:42 Second

The clock of a controller will drift a little, just like a digital watch will. You could lose or gain as much as several minutes a month.

If your SLC is connected to a network that has a PC which is also connected to the Internet, you can set up that PC to synchronize itself with an Internet time server (like the Navy atomic clock in Colorado) and use the Logix Clock Update Tool to periodically set the clock in the controller. The Clock Update Tool is available from the RA Knowledgebase. I'm 75% sure that it supports the 5/04 over DH+ networks... I've only used it with the 5/05 over Ethernet and with ControlLogix.

Men,
Sorry to wake up a post that is over 9 years old, but I haven't found any solution and COP, MOV, CPT instructions aren't doing the job. This bits are read only. I am trying to adjust Time clock on ML1400.
I powered up ML1400 and it is showing a date time of July 18, 1:03am. How in the hell do you adjust this. Is the RTA a special subroutine that does it???

As always... THANK YOU!

RTC is not on the Instruction Palette.(on a ML1400) But I found it.
That was hidden rather well. Adjusted it.
You guys are awesome. I don't care what your wives say!

Great, the 5/03,4,5 controllers all have internal clocks.

Look in the Status file in RSLogix 500, in the Main tab. You'll see that words in the Status file correspond to the increments of the clock.

S:37 Year
S:38 Month
S:39 Day
S:40 Hour
S:41 Minute
S:42 Second
Hi Dear,

You have any idea about RSlogix 500.
I need to make a program Without using timer like when i pressed my input push button my lamp gets on after 10 second whatever we put the value in our instruction. but we do not need use the timer, need to use any other instruction like timer. it is possible
Please support
send me a program or diagram

Hi Dear,

You are using an SLC 5/05 (hardware), and it has a real-time clock (see page 92 here).

• Can you set up RSLogix (software) to communicate with your SLC 5/05?
  • Can you set RSLogix to Online monitoring of your SLC?
  • Can you set the SLC to Run mode?
  • Can you find the status file of the SLC in the RSLogix software?
  • Can you monitor Integer S:42 of that status file while the SLC is in Run mode?