Current transducer

shabi

How i connect the Two wire Current transducer with Analog Input Module Order#(6ES7-331-IKFO-OABO)plz tell me what is U+ bit .

More information about the current transducer will be helpful.

Is this a current transducer?

Or is this a current transformer?

Caution: If its a current transformer, do not connect it directly to the analog input. You might very well fry your input card.

Alaric said:
More information about the current transducer will be helpful.

Is this a current transducer?

Or is this a current transformer?

Caution: If its a current transformer, do not connect it directly to the analog input. You might very well fry your input card.
Actually its Pt100 temperature sensors two wires whose output values is 4-20mA and my problem is i dont know how i connect the two wire sensor with Analog Inputmodule 6ES7-331-IKF01-OABO cn you plz help me.

Not sure about the analog module you are using but if it is the one I think it is, it has four module plugged in the side each one marked with A,B,C,D. You take out the module & rotate it to the position that gives you what they call 2 wire 4-20ma (2 wire is where the analog input supplies the voltage for the 4-20ma converter in the pt100 probe) 4 wire means you need a power supply (24v dc) on 2 wires & the other 2 are for the analog input of the plc.

The modules are for 2 analog inputs hence 4 modules x 2 inputs = 8 in total you can then mix different signals on one card in groups of 2, sorry I don't have the relevant info at hand to tell you what position to have the module set at but if it is active input then the + & - of the probe connect to the 2 terminals of the input I believe that terminal 1 of the card is 24v+ & (the last one) is the 0V, the next 2 are the + & - from the probe & so on for each of the 8 channels.
If you only have passive input modules then the + of the probe connects to the power supply + line the -ve of the probe connects to the analog input + & the analog input - connects to the power supply -V line (use a fuse in +ve line)
hope this helps

Actually i am using different analog input module. which have total 40 pins and it is used for max.8 sensors the first bit is U+ ,2nd is M+ ,3rd is M-,4th is S- ,and then again 5th bit is U+ and so on , my problem is if i am connecting the two wires with M+ & M- bit so thats mean i am not suppling the +24DC to the module . if you can see the manual of 6ES7-331-1KFO1-0ABO then you can better understand my problem.

Tom is right, just as I said at the end of my reply.

power supply + to + wire of probe, - of probe to + of input card, - of input card to - of power supply, not sure what card you have there, assuming it is 4-20ma input the above should work, however if the card is pt100 input then it requires the 3 wires direct from the probe (remove the 4-20 ma converter, if the probe is a four wire (2 red 2 white) then use the 2 reds & one white as the 3 wire configuration & connect both whites together as one wire.

Just looked on the siemens website & set configuration module on side to "D", connect + to +m & - to -M thats all you need to do.