HDMI output HMI recommendation

JeffKiper

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
I have an OEM that is looking for a lower cost HMI for for a bigscreen TV. It's only displaying 1 page with about up to 50 variables from the PLC. They have used AB, Siemens, some homemade SCADA, etc. I'm looking for a system that is cost effective with HDMI output. There is no fancy graphics or animation. A few multi-color lights and some timer data. What do you guys recommend?

A small computer running AdvancedHMI.

Brick PC can be found for $150.

AdvancedHMI is free & I have used it on a few projects - highly recommended
Need to turn on all the ,NET features in Turn Windows Features On or Off
The download Visual Studio Community from Microsoft.com - also free

Not hard to learn once you get into it, and AdvancedHMI has its own forum with a lot of information and help.

I got my last one at Best Buy.

I just went online and they have a few refurbished desktops starting at $109. They didn't show any brick ones.

Amazon has them starting at $139

I have another week with my kids on spring break so I will have a lot of time to do research. Thanks guys

Another option is use Smart TV (have browser) and PLC with builtin WEB server.
I dont know Siemmens and AB but Mitsubishi low cost FX5 have builtin WEB/FTP server, the builtin WEB server support Javascript too if you want something more sophisticate. At Melsec site they provide web site example, pretty straight forward.
Using builtin WEB server you dont need PC between the TV and PLC.
Using brick PC you can install Linux and use SQL and you dont get lock up using someone technology.

Another option is use Smart TV (have browser) and PLC with builtin WEB server.
I dont know Siemmens and AB but Mitsubishi low cost FX5 have builtin WEB/FTP server, the builtin WEB server support Javascript too if you want something more sophisticate. At Melsec site they provide web site example, pretty straight forward.
Using builtin WEB server you dont need PC between the TV and PLC.
Using brick PC you can install Linux and use SQL and you dont get lock up using someone technology.

Siemens S7-300 (if it has Ethernet), 1200, and 1500 all can include custom web pages.