Logix Designer debugging

Agrue

hello, I've recently started using Logix Designer v30 as part of Studio 5000. I've written some code, and I'm trying to find a simulator for debugging.

When I've previously used Codesys 2.3/3.5 or TIA portal, there's a free simulator built in that can run code but not communicate externally (with hmi etc).

Is there an equivalent free tool from Allen Bradley please? I found test mode, but it seems to require hardware to be connected. I've also found studio 500 emulator and softlogix, I'm not sure which one is appropriate and they both require a license.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

hello,

thanks for the quick reply. How do I check if I have the professional version please? I have a serial number and product key, but this was purchased without my input.

hello,

I have version 30.01.00 - Professional Edition of Studio 5000 Logix Designer

I installed "Studio 5000 Logix Emulator", and entered the same serial/product key, but I get an error that no licenses are available. Any ideas please?

I do not have the emulator installed, but I just looked at our software listing spreadsheet and the Emulator has it's own serial number and product key.

I recently installed RSNetworks for DeviceNet, which also comes with the Professional Edition. That too has it's own serial number and product key, but I'm not sure if I had to use one of the serial numbers to install. As long as Studio 5000 was activated, it would work. It also does not show up in Factory Talk Activation Manager, but it works.

Sorry I can't be of more help here.

Warning about "Test Mode"...

Test mode can only be enabled while online with a processor. It runs the program, and processes inputs, but disables all outputs.

Unless you are sure of what you are doing, do NOT put a running processor in Test Mode.

hello,

I have version 30.01.00 - Professional Edition of Studio 5000 Logix Designer

I installed "Studio 5000 Logix Emulator", and entered the same serial/product key, but I get an error that no licenses are available. Any ideas please?

Check your Factory Talk Activation Manager.
The license for Studio 5000 Pro is RS5K_700.EXE
The license for the Emulator is WED32.EXE
(Note: these ".EXE" are not executable programs that you will find on a computer)

If you share licenses throughout your company, then it's possible that someone has borrowed / moved the activation for Emulator, leaving you without.