FTVIew v8 500 Emulate Digital Input only

So where did you get "{[TEST]SYS_START_PB}". Nowhere do I see any reference to the shortcut [Test]. Create a new topic in Linx called OPC, then point to emulate. Then do a refresh on folders. If you don't see anything in the online folder it will NEVER work.

You do understand that emulate must be on and working for all of this to work correctly?

Last edited:
My original program that I began testing with was much larger, so when I started to have these difficulties I set up a new, very simple program using only three rungs and started over from scratch to make it very simple to troubleshoot. I previously included a screenshot of the .RSS program along with screenshots of how each tag was connected to each object in FTView.

I'm keeping it simple with "{[SLC505_Test]START}" - "{[SLC505_Test]STOP}" - "{[SLC505_Test]RUNNING}", and as before, the "Start" and "Stop" momentary pushbuttons on FTView directly interact with the SLC500 program with no issues, but the "Running" multistate indicator will not interact using either tags "{[SLC505_Test]RUNNING}" or "{::[SLC505_Test]B3:0/2}"... only digital inputs will work

The tag browser "Offline" folder displays all my slc500 tags, but "Access Rights" displays "NotAvailable," does anyone know why? Is there another setting required in the slc500 program to change this maybe, etc.?

The tag browser "Online" folder is empty... Is this normal? If not, what should I see?:sick:

I'm open to a step by step procedure of what I should be doing to make FTView and the SLC500 communicate correctly. I've researched several youtube videos, and they are all performing the same tasks with different naming... I followed them to the letter, but the same issue arises each time.

I can use the same SLC500 program, emulate500, and an emulated com port with C-more and Maple systems software with no issues, so RSlogix and emulate500 are operating correctly.

I've seen things get hosed up, try deleting the server and creating a completely new topic. Make the server name the same as topic, not necessary but easy to keep track of. This only takes about 30 seconds.

I've tried renaming, reloading, and restarting... nothing has worked. I set everything up in rslogix 5000 with 5000 emulate and FTView... everything worked fine. FTView is happy with rs5000 and emu5000, and 500 emulate is happy with rs500 and other HMI's, but FTView is not happy with rs500 and emu500. I'll continue testing with rs500 and FTView to see what I can find out.:confused:

Any suggestions are very welcome