laptop problem

ganutenator

Lifetime Supporting Member
My Samsung Chronos 7 laptop finally bit it.

I know this is an automation forum, but you some smart puppies.

It is def. a hardware issue w/ one of the video cards. (I swapped the hard drive out w/ the one that was original that I used to switch to ssd and the same symptoms). It only would boot in safe mode. As soon as I deleted the video driver, I can boot no problem, but only in 1024x716.

This laptop was known for problems w/ the video card overheating. Supposedly, it implemented a secondary video card that Samsung's crappy software was supposed to switch over to when gaming, or demand, et al.

I probably exasperated the premature failure by setting every program to use the secondary graphics card.

It would get so hot that I would run an office fan on the laptop.

Question, my thinking is that since I am using a generic windows video driver for the graphics card, that maybe my laptop is just using the built in motherboard graphics card.

Is there some generic windows graphic card driver that would allow me to get up to the native resolution of 1900x600?

specs note my samsung laptop has having a AMD Radeon 6490M