Beckhoff PLC programming with Codesys

awaisyaqoob

hello all.
i need help to connect my Beckhoff PLC with the codesys. i have tried the codesys RTE tool but i coudnt connect to the plc.
can any body help please.

hello all.
i need help to connect my Beckhoff PLC with the codesys. i have tried the codesys RTE tool but i coudnt connect to the plc.
can any body help please.

I'm not sure I understand the question. You want to connect your Beckhoff PLC to a Codesys development environment? You need the TwinCAT development environment (version 2 or 3) to do that:
https://www.beckhoff.com/english.asp?download/tc2-download.htm?id=710045223927721
https://www.beckhoff.com/english.asp?download/tc3-downloads.htm

Or do you want a Beckhoff PLC to communicate with a PLC running Codesys? In that case, what PLCs do you have and how are they interconnected?

yes i want to connect your Beckhoff PLC to a Codesys development environment. i have installed codesys rte into the beckhoff plc. but whenever i try to start the rte the beckhoff plc restarts.
i am using beckhoff cx2020-0120 and do i need to install TwinCAT development environment into the plc?.

Last edited:
I am totally lost now. A CX2020 should have come with the TwinCAT runtime already installed and properly licensed. Why would someone want to install Codesys runtime on it?