Implement Lookup table in RSLOGIX5000

Hi,

Thanks for your comments. May be you have a point, the thread is not clear, I should give more details about what I am doing and what I am trying to achieve, sorry for that.
Back to your idea about using cam, it is really an easy way to do it with time cam, however I faced an issue which is stopping/ pausing cam and resume it, Therefore, I decided to try alternative way.

What I am trying to do is to implement a base speed profile for racing car its speed changes (increase/decreasr) based on its position reading from Apos system, or based on time.

When the command send to start profile, the car should move based on cam profile and once its pause the profile should pause and when resume it, it should continue from where it stops.
I couldnt make the last statement work with MATC/ and also tried MAPC also did not give me what I was looking for, therefore I wanted to tested with alternative way by using array.

So if you can advice me on how to stop MATC, and resume it would be a great favoir, I am new grad, and that what it called an experience.

Thanks

Hi AFS,

Thanks a lot, that is exactly what I am looking for, however I have an issue here I copied your code to my excel sheet Macro VBA,and configured a new DDE topic called EXCEL, and and went online with my controller, and tried to transfer the data from EXCEL to control logix it shows me an error, my sub/function (opernRSlinx() is not found.

is there any document that explain how to do that? what did I miss?

Thanks for your response in advance

Did you copy the whole code in? You'll notice that there are two parts to the code - the first is a function called OpenRSLinx, and the second is a subroutine that runs whenever you trigger it from excel (in my case, by clicking the button), and this among other things, calls the OpenRSLinx Function. If you only copied in the subroutine, then the first thing it will do is call that function, but of course, it's not there.

If it is there, double check that you have the spelling correct - in your post above you said that the sub/function "opernRSLinx" is not found - this may just be a typo in the thread, but if the same typo exists in the code, you'll get the same results.

All that said, it does sound like you might be trying to approach something a little backwards - Peter especially is a guru on all things mathematics and motion control, so if you're prepared to get a little in depth with describing your application to him, you might find yourself a much better solution.

Good luck!

Thank you all for your response. I got the Array program work as I wanted, but its not a good way as other said, it is going to be very complex and complicated.

I still need to figure out how can I use Cam to implement my task.
I really do not know what kind of information you guys required other than what I mentioned before, in order to guide me solve my task.

The information on cam is very limited, I read through the instruction manual, Rockwell example on cam, and tested all to see how they are working, but still couldn't find solution to my task.

Thanks again and appreciate your response in advance.

We have done this before. Just about every Nascar team has one
https://deltamotion.com/applications/appnotes/documents/nascar.pdf

You use a cam table and then a virtual axis is used to index into the cam table.
You don't use time to index into the cam table.
http://deltamotion.com/peter/Videos/Nascar Perf ADI 020607 Commercials Out.mpg
I have been there helping them with the fine points. In the video the virtual axis or speed over the track is very slow so it is easy to see how the geometry changes. The virtual master can be speed up to 200-250 ft per second to simulate top speeds but it is difficult to see what is happening. The virtual master can be slowed to a stop and even reversed to move forward again to 'replay' what the suspension was doing at a point.

You can do this in a PLC but it won't be as good.
BTW, the first test system ADI did were K-Rigs. These were controlled by Bosch-Rexroth controller but our controllers replaced them on the later KD-Rigs. Even later many of the original Bosch-Rexroth controller were replaced by our controllers.
I have a contact for the main person who did much of the PLC software. Delta supplied the original RMC software and it was up and running for the Red Bull racing team in just a couple days.

Do a search for ADI and KD-RIG. The K-RIGs are earlier. BTW, the market got saturated and the 2008 recession killed this business.

Hi, I´m trying to use the FGEN, but I can´t find where to write the X and Y values of the table. Do you have any example of how to do it?

Hi, I´m trying to use the FGEN, but I can´t find where to write the X and Y values of the table. Do you have any example of how to do it?
The X and Y arrays are not part of the FGEN instruction itself, they are arrays that you create and connect to the X1 and Y1 pins of the instruction.

See here.