Safety system and muting

rQx

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi,

We are developing a safety system containing a emergency stop and some limit switches on some lids. We want a switch to be able to mute the lid because it need to be operated for service with the lid open. I'm not that familiar with this and thinking over what switch I should use for this.

In the past I have used a switch and key from rockwell 440T series, however this is pretty expensive but it does have a B10d value.

I would like to use a regular keyswitch from the rockwell 800F series, but I can't find it to have a B10d value. How would I go about to verify if I can use a switch like this for my purpose? Ideally I would use a NO block on the key switch so it would bypass the lids when turned. I have also thought of using the self monitoring NC block for emergency stop buttons, having it always turned for operation and released to bypass the lids. But, I can't find a B10d value for the block, only combined with an emergency stop button.

/Tim

I would ask locally for a safety person who can guide you in the safety process, i see your from sweden. This safety person is usually associated with AB, pepper_fuch, or some distributor who would give you some expertise in what you would need for this application. I remember this person in my area had some credentials in safety and TUV rating and other ratings that gave me the correct safety solution.

I would ask locally for a safety person who can guide you in the safety process, i see your from sweden. This safety person is usually associated with AB, pepper_fuch, or some distributor who would give you some expertise in what you would need for this application. I remember this person in my area had some credentials in safety and TUV rating and other ratings that gave me the correct safety solution.

Yes that is one of the ways I'm also going to for. I usually want to get more knowledge about the subject first, and also we have an consultant for the risk assessment part that will evaluate the solution also that we come up with. I have been tasked to assemble the solution components and I'm basicly there having the project in SISTEMA and all is evaluated for PLr and PL.

But for this "muting" I would like to know if another solution can be applicable. If I can't find out I will ofcourse go about and confirm it with someone else. But this forum has great experience so it may be that someone has done or have the knowledge.