Siemens S7: WinCC Basic & access controls...

Mas01

Hi

Does anyone know if WinCC basic version has functionality in it for ACCESS CONTROL?

By that, I mean we want the HMI to have a lock-out screen - user must enter valid username/password before unlocking the HMI screen.

Is this access control functionality available in the basic version?

We need this functionality for our project and want to make sure we get the right licence.

Thanks

In the TIA Project for the Basic Panel, go to User Administration. There you setup Groups and Users.
In the Runtime Settings there are some additional settings. Unfortunately you cannot disable the 'limit for logon attempts', so if you enter a password 3 times that user will be blocked (!). This is a pain and I always disable this 'feature' on my Advanced Runtime projects.

When groups and users are setup, you can then in each HMI object that can be operated by the user select an 'Autorization' that must be logged in to for that object to be able to be operated.

To force the user to log in in the lock screen, add an authorization to the button that leaves the screen.
How do you intend the lock screen to be activated ?

@Jesper

You can turn off the limit for login attempts. However if you've already setup users an passwords, when turning it off, you'll erase all of the users passwords from wincc.

Not a huge issue if you've only a few. A pain if you've got lots.

In my TIA V15.1 it is fixed to 3 login attempts and cannot be turned off.
Maybe it is fixed in a later TIA version ?

Untick "Log on only with password" then you can edit the login attempts.

When re enabling the log on only with password function, it resets all user passwords.

Just tested now with V15.1 and V17