Converting Alarms from FactoryTalkView ME to SE

terlizziJ

What is the gold standard ( hoping there is one )for converting ME alarms over to SE? I've been using the RA Knowledge Base method of creating a new digital alarm in SE, exporting it to Excel, using that populated template to paste all of my ME alarm data into as instructed and then importing the spreadsheet into the SE alarms server. Errors and the only alarm that does appear sometimes is the one I created to export into excel in the beginning. There has to be a better way, either that RA is leaving all the little important details out of their Knowledgebase solution.

Thanks!!

You may be running afoul of Excel's habit of messing up CSV files. Does it export to CSV or xls? If CSV, open the export file in notepad. Note the location of single quotes, double quotes, etc. Compare the layout to the file you're trying to import because Excel sometimes adds in extra delimiters. When working with CSV files from Red Lion, for example, I often have to open it in notepad (I actually use Notepad++) and fix things before importing.