Excel Digital Signal Scatter Plot

AMarks95

I have some timeseries data extracted from our SCADA system that I want to plot in Excel (so I can share the Excel spreadsheet with others).

If I use an XY scatter plot with lines it interpolates the distance between each digital signal as a straight line. Has anybody used Excel to show the typical digital plots that we're used to?

I have some timeseries data extracted from our SCADA system that I want to plot in Excel (so I can share the Excel spreadsheet with others).

If I use an XY scatter plot with lines it interpolates the distance between each digital signal as a straight line. Has anybody used Excel to show the typical digital plots that we're used to?

You can select a scatter plot without lines when you first alchemy the plot

Once the plot exists you can change the series(?) properties line settings to none, iirc

There is a scatter with smooth lines option. Is your wish to have smooth transitions on the lines between points? I may have understood your request. It may be helpful to define "typical digital plots that we're used to".

There is a scatter with smooth lines option. Is your wish to have smooth transitions on the lines between points? I may have understood your request. It may be helpful to define "typical digital plots that we're used to".

Instead of the linearly interploated chart at the bottom of this image, I want a digital signal chart like so so that the graph shows the signal is 1 the entire time until it's 0, instead of doing the linear interpolation because it doesn't make sense for a digital signal to be anything other than 0 or 1.