RSLogix 5000 licenses.

andymrockwell

I have a couple questions about setting up RSLogix 5000. I am trying to connect to some control logix PLCs and after managing to get the correct firmware version installed I discovered that I have a license for RSLogix 5000 mini edition, which will not work for the control logix PLCs. After looking at my factory talk activation manager I notice that I do have 2 different version of rslogix 5000 licenses. I am wondering if you can tell from my image if the one I don't think I am using would actually work for my needs. Also I may need some help changing over if that is true.

Attached first is an image of the factory talk activation manager, my RSLogix 5000 matches the serial of the RSLogix 5000 MLP option. I am not able to tell which license is on the the studio 5000. The RSLogix 5000, INTL version does seem to be in use, but I am not sure where.

To make it short do I already have a license to connect to Control Logix PLCs, or do I need to buy an upgrade?

FT activation manager.PNG RSlogix 5000 mini.PNG Studio 5000 mini.PNG

It looks like you have licenses for 5000 (Mini) international version (INTL), with a separate license for the Multi-Language Pack (MLP) allowing you to program in ST, FBD, and SFC.

The MLP by itself does not allow you to program anything, it serves as an add-on to a Mini or Standard license to allow use of the non-ladder programming options.

tl;dr You need an upgrade for non-Compact Logix. Since you've already got the MLP, you might as well just go for the basic Standard unless you have a need for safety or Networx.