Schneider TSXP ACC01 Modbus

jimwawar47

How do I communicate Modbus with a TSX Micro using a TSXP ACC01?

My customer was told by others to install a TSXP ACC01 and Modbus communications would be possible. The installer/programmer of the TSX Micro has installed the TSXP ACC01. The Ter terminal of the TSX Micro is connected to the TSXP ACC01. The TSXP ACC01 is connected via UniTelway with a Magelis HMI using RS485. See attached TSXP Wire Diag.png, the 25 pin connection was replaced with a RJ45 connection see TSXP Wire Diag New.png

The programmer has provided a Modbus addressing list but no information on how to connect to Modbus.

This was setup 6 years ago.

From the documentation I have seen I am assuming it will be Modbus RTU. Where to make my Modbus connection and what are my pin outs? On the TSX Micro Aux Port, the TSXP ACC01 Ter or Aux ports? Somewhere else?

TSXP Wire Diag.png TSXP Wire Diag New.png

On the off chance someone else stumbles on this (I feel sorry for you).

The TSXP ACC01 is not a communication converter.

In the system I am working on the TSX37 was reprogrammed from Uni-Telway to Modbus RS485. The Magelis HMI was programmed to handled RS485.

Once that change was made there were two possible was to change to Modbus TCP. First the HMI could be programmed to be a Modbus slave and send out Modbus TCP. If this is done the Device ID is 255. This was not done in my case.

The other method is to place a conversion device in the system. This is what was done in my case. A Momentum PLC (M1E) was programmed to output Modbus TCP. A connection was made between the TER connection on the TSXP ACC01 and the RS232/485 port on the Moment PLC. The Ethernet port on the Momentum PLC is the Modbus slave connection.

Thank you for the update.

Sometimes others with similar situations look for the kind of solution you provided, as evidenced by the increasing number of 'hits' old threads accumulate over time.