(AB) FT Alarm & Events - SQL Database

pondscum

Hello,

Does anyone have experience managing the FactoryTalk alarm & events SQL database from outside of FactoryTalk? Essentially I'd have tag generated faults and alarms occur within the Rockwell suite and then externally handle the acknowledgement and commenting of the alarms via some form of SQL GUI.

On the surface it sounds quite simple and easy, I just don't have access yet to play around in our database and was hoping someone else here has done this before.

Thanks!

Shameless bump. This doesn't have to be managed outside of FactoryTalk SE. I see that you can use VBA commands for the alarm and events summary but there doesn't seem to be a good way of issuing commands to the alarm and events log object. Has anyone ran into this before?

Main reason for doing this is that the operators need to be able to select a historical alarm from a log list and then acknowledge it with a comment.