Transition from Click to AB 830 series

jmason

How difficult is the transition from Automation direct Click to Allen Bradley 800 series of plc and CCW software?
Also, can you use C-More HMI’s with the Allen Bradley 800 series PLC’s.
Thank you for the information

Clicks do more of the scaling and math for the analog inputs and outputs, micro800 requires you to do alot of that work
click is easier

i have a project that has 2 PLCs to one c-more HMI
micro850 and Click Plus
both are accessible on the HMI without dramas

c-more and Click Parts are easier to get and cheaper
AB Micro800 for me are near impossible to get - and bloody expensive

for my projects i cannot justify using micro800 anymore - changing to Click and C-more

and the c-more HMI work with alot of older PLCS and the 800's so i can utilise the same screen everywhere

I agree, Clicks don't have the robust instruction set like other PLC's but for smaller projects they work excellent. The software is free so you can download it and try it out. I also use the Cmore panels, again if you don't need complicated stuff, they work excellent and are easy to set up. Software is also free to try it out.

I have 100's of Micro800 series out in the Oil & Gas fields, have for years. I have not had the first problem.

I have never had a project that the Micro800 series could not handle. If you need a basic display (cheap) try the Kinco - 7" ethernet $150.00)

The ABMicro820 which has ethernet cost me $230.00 and a 7" Kinco HMI ethernet also for $150.00 for a total of $380.00.

I can get a click in 2 days, but I am in a different region of course.

I can get a micro next day.

I've used both.

Give me the Click over the micro any day. I haven't had a failure on either, but the Click programming experience is better overall. CCW is clunky and susceptible to Windows updates.

I can get a click in 2 days, but I am in a different region of course.

I can get a micro next day.

I've used both.

Give me the Click over the micro any day. I haven't had a failure on either, but the Click programming experience is better overall. CCW is clunky and susceptible to Windows updates.

My experience as well, the micro series are a nice PLC but the software is not that good. Early versions were very buggy and unusable. I am using the latest version now to modify a program at work and although it does work, it still is very slow and clunky.

Mike

I just had my first experience with a micro800 and IMO the people that build CCW took the worst features of allen bradley and the worst features of automation direct and combined them into a slow bug filled mess of an interface. something that would have taken me probably 30 min in even an old rslogix500 processor has taken many hours. I would be better prepared for the next but jesus is it a frustrating experience.

the click software is light years ahead of ccw.

I just had my first experience with a micro800 and IMO the people that build CCW took the worst features of allen bradley and the worst features of automation direct and combined them into a slow bug filled mess of an interface. something that would have taken me probably 30 min in even an old rslogix500 processor has taken many hours. I would be better prepared for the next but jesus is it a frustrating experience.

Ditto!

I've used CCW for PowerFlex 525 drives and it is horribly buggy and a pain. We've refused to allow any more Micro800s in our plant.