Problem uploading program from Siemens WinAC RTX F

n55_6mt

Hi all,

I'm hardly a Siemens expert, and am struggling with a conversion I'm working on right now. A system was purchased at auction, and I'm being asked to redo the controls side of things and hopefully simplify it along the way. All I'd really like to is pull down as much of the existing program as I can for later comparison, should I need it.

Current configuration:
Siemens Microbox IPC427D
WinAC RTX F
WinCC Professional

ET200S

Kuka KR-C4 robot connected via ProfiSafe

I'm trying to connect a laptop with TIA 15.1, Step 7 Pro, Safety Adv to the system and can connect to the WinAC instance, but am struggling to get all of the OBs, FBs, DBs, ect to upload from to my computer. If I try and upload from the entire device, I get an error of "Loading a single F-block from a S7 300 or S7 400 F-CPU is not supported". I can upload individual blocks as long as they are not F-blocks, but any block that relates to the f-blocks will not open. As I cannot pull down the entire device, I can't get much in the way of other configuration data either.

I'm also having a hard time with some FBs, and will get an error of "SCL blocks cannot be opened by an S7 300 or S7 400 CPU". Seems like only FB or STL networks can be opened. Is this normal for a WinAC instance?

The entire WinAC system will be disappearing soon, the plan is to replace it with a S7 1500 but I would like to learn as much from the existing integration as possible.

I dont have experience with exactly your scenario, so I am guessing a lot.

Can you find out exactly what are the type no's of the installed software.
WinCC Professional is odd. WinCC Professional has only recently become fully developed (and some will say it is still far from ready). So it seems strange that a machine that has been purchased on an auction uses this software. Are you sure it is not WinCC Flexible, WinCC Advanced or WinCC V7 ?

Since the Microbox is actually a PC, if you are very lucky the source code is stored on it somewhere. It could be a STEP7 Classic archive file (.zip) or a TIA archive file (.zap11, .zap12, .zap13, .zap14, .zap15, .zap15.1).
It is worth trying to search for these backups.

The message about not being able to upload single F-blocks, are you sure that you are uploading the entire project, not just the blocks.
I think you have to find the CPU by the "accessible devices", select the entire CPU and then upload.

The message about not being able to upload SCL code is because in "classic" S7 (which WinAC RTX belongs to), only compiled STL code is stored on the CPU. S7-1200/1500 and Open Controller stores SCL code directly on the CPU.

Maybe some of difficulty is because you are attemting to upload a program that is made with STEP7 "classic".
Another way could be to upload to STEP7 V5, and then migrate the V5 program to TIA. You would need STEP7 V5 of course. If you have the possibility to do so, I would try that.

One thing that I think will be a problem is that AFIK you need a separate password to access the safety program, even if you manage to upload.