FTView Alarms...

Rob.Hill

Hi guys,

Got a little bit of a strange one...

I'm using FTView ME v13 with a Panelview Plus 7 B (the new one win 10 based).

Alarms were working fine. I addressed individual bits as usual - put the message next to each trigger etc. - hey presto.

The project is at the commissioning stage - hence multiple ongoing changes - but not really to alarms - just some text changes.

I get a message the other day that the sounder is going off from the PLC - but no messages in the banner.

Sure enough no alarms are now being processed in the alarms list display.

Thing I've checked/ done:
1. Deleted all alarms and just started with the 1st 4.
2. Checked for any filters (I wrote the project and didnt put any in purposefully - but it was confirmed blank)
3. Checked the alarm bit tags - they were 'picked' from the offline project so all good.
4. Tried downloading an earlier version of the project (v11 instead of 12).
5. Applied the patch rollup to Feb 23.

I'm at a little bit of a loss tbh. The only other thought I have is we are running a demo version of FTview as our company is sorting the PO from the local distributor. As such we have a 2 hour window before it boots you out (whether you've saved everything or not). Hence a couple of times I've been away from the laptop and lost work...

Any thoughts/ help much appreciated.

Thanks for reading
Rob

Maybe test it in version 10?
I had problems with version 12 so feel your pain. So i went back to version 11 studio me and looked at the compatibility with windows and saw that version 12 was less compatible with windows 10. Do you think its your compatiblity with windows 10 issue?

If you can test the application on you PC do you see the same results as what you see on the actual PVP hardware?

And, just to cover the obvious...in the Startup editor, can you confirms Alarms have been checked.

OG

Thanks ever so much for the help guys - much appreciated.

In the end, the obvious was the answer - The startup editor alarms was unchecked! I'm not totally sure if I unchecked it - but with the stress and pressure on the project - I could have done in error.

To say a weight has been lifted is an understatement!

Thanks ever so much
Rob