Siemens TIA Portal V13 and Safety System V2.1

kamenges

I am working on a program that was developed in 2015 for an S7-300 safety PLC. The new copy of this machine uses an S7-1500 safety plc. We were asked to stay at Portal V13 if we could.

The F-IO DBs in the S7-300 included point specific quality (status) inputs (QBAD). This didn't come in with the S7-1500 until safety system 2.1. My development library currently only lets me go as high as safety system V1.3. I would like to use the point specific QBAD bits if possible since that is how the previous program was written. Is safety system 2.1 compatible with Portal 13 as an update or would I need to go to a higher version of Portal to get safety system 2.1?

Thanks,
Keith

The Safety System 2.1 is also hardware specific. So even if you upgrade to the latest version of TIA Portal you may not get point specific QBAD from all your hardware.

TIA Portal V13 was unstable in my opinion; 15.1 was really the first version that was fairly stable. Also 1500 CPU's should be at or above firmware 2.8 so they are stable. I believe V14 only supports up to firmware 2.1 of the 1500.