Crimson 3.2 ImageFile useless?

frajosi

Last edited:
Not used Crimson 3.2 or a DA70, but I am still going to try an answer :)
Are you trying to use the micro SD card or a USB stick to transfer the file?
If you are using the micro SD card, then pretty certainly you must name the database file as image.ci3, no other name, no capital at the front.
If you want to use a USB stick, you will need to enable the Memory Stick in the Navigation Pane. But then you can give the file any name you want, so long as you tell Crimson what the name will be. You set that in the same place where you enable the Memory Stick. The downside of the USB version is that I think you are in Catch 22, you need to load a database to use the USB, but you can't use the USB stick until have have loaded a database.
In all cases the database file either has to be a newer version than is already on the device, or it has to have a different database identifier.

Hi BryanG,
thx for the reply to my post.
How you describe the road to go, is as it is mentioned in that article I share via the link. Unfortnalty it is only valid for Crimson 3.0 and 3.1, in 3.2 I can not find the option to actviate the "USB Host ports" setting to enable the updates via USB Stick or memory card....

Kind regards,
Frank

Just installed Crimson 3.2, and as you say there isn't anywhere to enable the USB stick.
This command allows the creation of a file that can subsequently be used to update the database in a terminal via a memory card or USB memory stick. The file contains a non-editable form of the database, plus any firmware and boot loader updates required for execution. Placing an image file called image.ci3 in the update directory of the target device’s memory card and then resetting the device will update the boot loader, firmware and database using the image file contents
So it looks as though the image.ci3 file has to be placed in an 'update directory'.

Just installed Crimson 3.2, and as you say there isn't anywhere to enable the USB stick.
So it looks as though the image.ci3 file has to be placed in an 'update directory'.

That's the way it works with DA50, the File menu has a Save Image option. Just make sure you disable the emulator function before saving the image, otherwise the device will boot without some of the communication drivers.

Hi,
I got an reply from RedLion support and now it becomes more clear. I tested the update via image file now several times and it works fine.

The just of it is to use an empty USB-Stick create a folder "update" and save the file in that update folder as "image.ci3". Please find att. a screenshot.

Connect the USB Stick to the USB port of the FlexEdge (e.g. DA70) and do a power cycle as soon as the ring gets permanent green the update is executed.

Thx, for your support.

Kind regards,
Frank

Update_FlexEdge_DA70.JPG