Crimson3.1 -GotoPage construct

jacquesp

Hi

Crimson3.1 uses the GotoPage() to navigate to pages and the argument has to be a Display Page

example: GotoPage(Page1);

However since the argument is not a string it is not possible to construct the page name and pass it into the function?

Pagename := "Page" + "1";
GotoPage(Pagename);

Is there a way around this, that will allow the construction of the Page name?

No way round this, only work arounds. Don't know why this isn't easier, one of the things that bugs me about Crimson.
Code:
// auto move between screens

if (PLC1.DB4_CurrentVals.ExpectedScreen == 5 & PLC1.DB4_CurrentVals.CurrentScreen != 5 ) GotoPage(StandardScreens.S0005_OpInstr1);

if (PLC1.DB4_CurrentVals.ExpectedScreen == 6 & PLC1.DB4_CurrentVals.CurrentScreen != 6 ) GotoPage(StandardScreens.S0006_OpInstr2);

if (PLC1.DB4_CurrentVals.ExpectedScreen == 7 & PLC1.DB4_CurrentVals.CurrentScreen != 7 ) GotoPage(StandardScreens.S0007_OpInstr3);

if (PLC1.DB4_CurrentVals.ExpectedScreen == 8 & PLC1.DB4_CurrentVals.CurrentScreen != 8 ) GotoPage(StandardScreens.S0008_ProcessComplete);
I use something like this, and then call it on tick from the screens where I want auto change. Otherwise I use the Triggers on Tags and use those to move between screen.
So for the way you are working, you can pass the name of the page to a Function, but you have to have a separate 'If' line for each page you want to call.

Last edited: