Problem uninstalling RS DeviceNet

conorwa

Hi,
I am trying to install the latest version (that we have) of RS DeviceNet, Ver 7.00. I have ver 4.01 on my laptop. When I try and install it says that it will need to uninstall the earlier version.
When I click ok the following error comes up.

Red Alert 2: Cannot find Game directory.

As far as I know Red Alert 2 was not installed on the laptop. I am not 100% sure of this as the laptop is a work one and other people would have used it in the past.

I get the same error when I go into Add remove programs and try and uninstall this way.

Any help with this would be great.

PS; My laptop is running W2K, service pack 4

I don't have version 7, but on the version 6 CD there is a directory called Cleanup with 2 subdirectories. Look at the documents in the subdirectoies. I have had to use these utilities before with earlier versions.

Good Luck

Hi,

I downloaded an Uninstall program from Download.com, it was Uninstall Plus Trial version. When I ran this it uninstalled both my DeviceNet and ControlNet programs for me.

I was then able to Install ver 7.00 of both on my laptop.

I will have a look on the new CD to see if it has the uninstall that you talked about.

Thanks