Simalating a touvh panel with Step7 basic runtime without having a touch panel.

Dreeten

Hello,

I teach some plc programming in school.

I have a project that i would like to expand with a touch panel.
But, i dont have one...
In an workshop from siemens i did an exercise with a s7-1214c and a touch panel. There i had the panel and could test everything on the panel, no problem. After testing the panel i removed the ethernet cable connected to the panel and i was still able to run/control the plc with the runtime simulator. So i clicked on the simulated touch panel on my pc and saw the output of the plc reacting.

So i am thinking it should be possible to use a pc acting as the touch panel at school. Could this be true? Or do i need a touch panel connected at least once before i can do that?

If it is possible could someone give me a link or document i can see to explain how to set it up?

Thx

you can use Wincc Flexible runtime software but would need to have each cpu licensed i bet

I do it to remotely connect on a project or if you have an HMI with embeded webserver, you can acess the hmi files pages remotely via web explorer...

@KalleOlsen: I tried that, but then i need to fill in the data in an "excel-cell". And i want it set up just like a real hmi screen.
So if i click on a run button on the hmi screen i see the motor connected to the plc starting. And vice versa , if the motor is running i want to see a indicator light on the screen lighting up.
I get in trouble when compiling the project. Ill take a pic of it when i get back to work (after weekend)

@Jeff23spl: im note quite sure what u mean with remotly connect on a project.

thx for the replies !

On the screen capture you posted, select the Runtime option. If your PG communications are setup correctly it should work. There is a FAQ on the Siemens support site outlining how to do it.