View Expert Objects - Proficy/Cimplicity

jvcontrols

Hi again,

I'm trying to use an expert object 3 position selector to emulate a Hand-Off-Auto. How do I assign the PLC variables to the SwitchOutput? I'm sure there is something about fxClass or linking that I'm forgetting to do... I can assign proxy variables to the HMI, but I can't do anything with them nor can I configure the selector.

The basic selector switch works, but I would like to use the expert object version.

I'm using a GE 90-30 with Proficy Machine edition.

Thanks.

After you have the object on the panel, go into the Variables and find the item you added. For example, I added test, so I find test.switchcaption[0], test.switchcaption[1], etc.

Open the Inspector to view the properties of one item. You will see Data Source as Internal. Change from Internal to PLC Access, then the field for the I/O Address will appear.
These will be variables for the HMI, so you won't have the proxy.

As an alternative, you can CTRL-drag the object and break the link to the Toolchest. Then you can unlock the object, find out how it works and change the variables used to whatever you want.